It’s the summer, the sun is out, what can you do? The top things that might come to your head could include family day trips, going to the beach, Read more [...]
Don’t know what to do this spring in Melbourne? We’ve got you covered! We’ve compiled a list of activities that will surely keep you and/or the kiddos busy. Check it out below!
Our first few suggestions are focused on music, which is why we’ve compiled a list of the benefits of singing and learning to play an instrument. Check them out below.
– Choral singing helps people bond with each other
– It’s good for the heart and can help people cope better with stress and depression
– It improves the feeling of social well-being
– Singing improves cognition
– Singing tones up facial muscles, the diaphragm and the intercostal muscles
– It increases empathy and understanding between cultures
– It develops the lungs and gives people better posture
– It improves a person’s memory
– Learning to play an instrument stimulates the brain and improves functions like memory and abstract reasoning skills
– It can help improve a person’s social skills
– Playing instruments helps people deal with stress
– It gives people a sense of achievement and helps build confidence
– It improves patience, discipline, and time management skills
– It stimulates a person’s creativity
– It’s fun!
If that sounds good, then we recommend that you check out Hello Music Studios, and Forte School of Music Waverley!
- Hello Music Studios
Address: 75 Greville St, Prahran VIC 3181, Australia
Contact Info: +61 3 9533 6222
Hello Music Studios offers a wide range of instrumental classes, orchestras, choir, and music theory workshops! They can also help people prepare for exams, auditions and scholarships!
Click here to visit their website.
- Forte School of Music Waverley
Address: 2/10 Hamilton Pl, Mount Waverley VIC 3149, Australia
Contact Info: +61 3 9043 2627
The Forte School of Music offers music lessons to people of all ages. They also offer dedicated lessons on singing, piano, guitar, violin, flute, and drums.
Click here for more info!
- Living Legends
Address: Woodlands Dr, Greenvale VIC 3059, Australia
Contact Info: +61 3 9307 1165
Given the fact that horse racing is a big deal in the wonderful state of Victoria, Living Legends would be a great place to introduce your children to the idea of riding horses. Not only that, the adults can relive some of the most significant events in the history of the state’s horse racing industry!
Living Legends is the home to some of Australia’s finest retired champion racehorses!
You can also interact with wild kangaroos in the parklands!
If you’re wondering about the importance of animal encounters, check out the info below.
Animal encounters are good ways to connect with nature!
Exposing your child to the wonders of nature will help your child see and appreciate its beauty! The unique experience of an animal’s touch and smell and looking at them directly in the eye moves us to care more deeply about protecting these animals and the environment!
Animal encounters are valuable learning opportunities!
These experiences take children and adults alike beyond traditional zoo visits! You get to interact with and observe animals directly! You can even speak with knowledgeable and dedicated staff who manage the animals’ care! Children learn best in environments that arouse their curiosity and interest. Getting close to animals can be a fun bonding experience that facilitates learning!
Interested? Visit their website for more info!
- En Pointe School of Ballet
Address: Saint Lukes Anglican Church Cnr Mitcham and Canterbury Rds, Vermont VIC 3133, Australia
Contact Info: +61 423 251 400
The En Pointe School of Ballet endeavours to instil quality, artistry, musicality, technique, and discipline into the training vocabulary of each and every student. With care and individual attention, each student can expect to reach their highest potential.
The En Pointe School of Ballet takes pride in its students and aims to equip them with the many skills that Classical Ballet has to offer for both the individual as a dancer and as a person of the wider world.
Before you decide on whether or not your child should take up ballet, here’s a list describing some of the benefits of dancing.
– Dancing will help your children increase their physical strength and flexibility, as well as improve their balance and their bone health.
– Dancing will help your children build confidence.
– Dancing can reduce stress and can help your children express themselves.
– Your children will be able to socialise and compete with others, which can help build their self-esteem.
– It will help children stay fit, become more resistant to diseases, and become healthier overall.
Visit their website for more info.
Our next few suggestions offer various escape room experiences. So before we get into the specifics, we’d like to answer the question, “what are escape rooms?”
Escape rooms are real-life games where you and your team will be required to go through the process of problem-solving and elimination. You will also need to crack a series of puzzles and logical mind games while utilizing a wide array of technology to decipher codes and locks, all while racing against the clock!
Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
Here are just some of the benefits of regularly visiting escape rooms.
– Escape rooms are great for challenging your mind. Challenges are good for any person’s mental health and provide wonderful opportunities to learn something new
– Escape rooms encourage communication and collaboration
– It helps develop creativity and critical thinking
– It provides opportunities for social interaction
– It’s fun, which can make a huge difference on people’s health!
Escape Rooms are awesome, but you don’t have to take our word for it! Give them a try now!
Here are some of the best ones in Melbourne!
- Locked In Escape Rooms
Address: 2/2A Carbine Way, Mornington VIC 3931, Australia
Contact Info: +61 413 010 431
Locked In Escape Rooms offers plenty of live and interactive puzzle games in the Mornington Peninsula! Be sure to try out their best rooms, including Blackout, The Wizard’s Lair, the Carbine Diamond, and The Missing!
For more info, click here.
- Woodbury Escape Rooms
Address: 259 Park St, South Melbourne VIC 3205, Australia
Contact Info: +61 3 8529 9538
The people behind Woodbury Escape Rooms created their immersive puzzle games so that people will get a chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and have fun!
Check out their wonderful rooms, including Little Playful Things, Wanted, The Curse, and Leaper!
For more info, click here.
- The One Room Escape
Address: 9 Aristoc Rd, Glen Waverley VIC 3150, Australia
Contact Info: +61 430 019 292
The One Room Escape is one of the biggest and best escape rooms in the city!
It offers various puzzle games that may include the following:
- Leading expedition team into the Egyptian Pharaoh’s tomb
- A group of talented young people learning skills to extinguish evil and save the world
- A group of innocent people being attacked and locked into a strange hotel room
- Discovering the truth about what happened in our horror escape room set in an abandoned hospital.
Interested? Click here to find out more!
- The Escape Hunt Melbourne
Address: 3/190 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Contact Info: +61 3 9600 1086
The Escape Hunt Melbourne offers the city’s most unique escape room experience! Choose between themes like the Odditorium, the Zodiac Heist, Law & Disorder, and the Machinarium!
What are you waiting for? Step into a new world, get locked in, get clued up, and break out!
For more info, visit their website!
- Melbourne Boat Hire
Address: 45, New Quay Marina, Newquay Promenade, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
Contact Info: +61 1300 988 309
Bond with your family as you experience the beauty of the Yarra River! Luxurious vessels can be hired as self-drive or skippered boats for private cruising on the waterways of Melbourne.
You can even arrange for a catered cruise! Just imagine what it would be like to have a meal with your loved ones witnessing the beauty of nature firsthand! Isn’t that just perfect?
For more info, visit their website!
- Timeout Fishing Charters
Address: Rye Pier, Rye VIC 3941, Australia
Contact Info: +61 400 440 705
Experience Port Phillip Bay and bond with your family by fishing together! Fishing Charters Rye provides all equipment needed and even offers unlimited tea, coffee, hot chocolate, lollies, soft drinks, water, and bikkies for all passengers. You can even take home the fish you catch!
They also run private charters for memorials and other functions.
Below are a few reasons why you and your little ones should get into fishing.
– Fishing can help you keep fit
– When you spend a lot of time fishing, your body will be able to take in more Vitamin D
– It improves your concentration and encourages patience
– It reduces stress
– Fishing gives groups plenty of time to socialize
– Fishing improves self esteem
Interested? Click here to visit their website