It’s the summer, the sun is out, what can you do? The top things that might come to your head could include family day trips, going to the beach, Read more [...]
Don’t know what to do with the family this Spring? We’ve got your back! Below are a few activities to keep you and/or the children busy!
- Forte School of Music Morphett Vale
Address: 4/370 Main S Rd, Morphett Vale SA 5162, Australia
Contact Info: +61 8 8186 3933
It’s important for everyone to be able to express their emotions, and music is one of the best ways to do so. The Forte School of Music offers music lessons to people of all ages. They also offer dedicated lessons on singing, piano, guitar, violin, flute, and drums.
The school also has branches at Allenby Gardens and Black Forest. Be sure to check them out if you’re nearby.
For more information, visit their website.
If you’re still not convinced, here are a couple of lists on why singing and taking up an instrument is good for you and your children!
– Choral singing helps people bond with each other
– It’s good for the heart and can help people cope better with stress and depression
– It improves the feeling of social well-being
– Singing improves cognition
– Singing tones up facial muscles, the diaphragm and the intercostal muscles
– It increases empathy and understanding between cultures
– It develops the lungs and gives people better posture
– It improves a person’s memory
– Learning to play an instrument stimulates the brain and improves functions like memory and abstract reasoning skills
– It can help improve a person’s social skills
– Playing instruments helps people deal with stress
– It gives people a sense of achievement and helps build confidence
– It improves patience, discipline, and time management skills
– It stimulates a person’s creativity
– It’s fun!
- Avant Ballet Studio
Address: Memorial Dr, Tea Tree Gully SA 5091, Australia
Contact Info: +61 8 7220 6941
Did you know? Dancing is incredibly good for you and the little ones!
Here are a few reasons why!
– Dancing will help your children increase their physical strength and flexibility, as well as improve their balance and their bone health.
– Dancing will help your children build confidence.
– Dancing can reduce stress and can help your children express themselves
– Your children will be able to socialise and compete with others, which can help build their self-esteem and boost their self-confidence.
– It will help children stay fit, become more resistant to diseases, and become healthier overall.
Is your child passionate about dancing? Then Avant Ballet and Dance Studio is the perfect place to kickstart your child’s dance career this spring!
The establishment’s teachers are focused on helping students learn the correct dance techniques in a friendly environment. This facility focuses on classical training, jazz, hip-hop, contemporary, tap, and Acro Styles. Dancing will help your children develop strength, flexibility, coordination, confidence, and self-discipline.
For more info, visit their website.
- Plaster Fun House
Create your own masterpiece at Plaster Fun House this spring. Choose from an endless variety of plaster displayed at the store and let your imagination go wild. From different paint colours and brush sizes to various accessories, Plaster Fun House has everything you need to express your imagination and decorate your work of art.
Interested? Below is a list of their branches in the region!
Address: 505D Brighton Rd, Brighton SA 5048, Australia
Contact Info: +61 8 8296 3046
Address: 10/14 Clayson Rd, Brahma Lodge SA 5109, Australia
Contact Info: +61 405 104 111
Address: 41 Goodwood Rd, Wayville SA 5034, Australia
Contact Info: +61 8 8172 2333
Visit their website for more info!
- Mega Adventure Park
Address: 4 Hamra Ave, West Beach SA 5024, Australia
Contact Info: +61 1300 634 269
The Mega Adventure Park is the perfect place for some screen-free family fun this spring! It offers various activities that can satisfy thrill seekers of all ages, including Mega Climb, the Giant Swing, Sky Walk, and Mega Bounce! Their attractions often allow customers to revel in the views of the ocean and the beautiful Adelaide coastline!
This wonderful establishment is open all year round!
Interested? Click here to visit their website!
- Escape Hunt Adelaide
Address: Level 3/133 Rundle Mall, Twin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Contact Info: +61 8 8223 7770
Escape rooms are one of the coolest indoor activities in existence! It’s perfect for team building events, birthday parties, family events, or even date nights!
These real-life games challenge players to work together in order to “escape.” People are required to go through the process of problem-solving and elimination and crack a series of puzzles as well as logical mind games while utilizing a wide array of technology to decipher codes and locks, all the while racing against the clock!
Escape Hunt Adelaide offers several unique and exciting experiences, including Great White Killer, The Deadly Discovery, and The Collector’s Curse!
Below are just a few reasons why you and your little ones should try escape rooms.
– Escape rooms are great for challenging your mind. Challenges are good for any person’s mental health and provide wonderful opportunities to learn something new
– Escape rooms encourage communication and collaboration
– It helps develop creativity and critical thinking
– It provides opportunities for social interaction
– It’s fun, which can make a huge difference on people’s health!
Escape Rooms are awesome, but you don’t have to take our word for it! Give it a try now!
Click here to visit their website!
- VR Adelaide
Address: 13 West Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Contact Info: +61 8 7079 8685
Some of you might ask “what is VR?” If you’re some of the people who are wondering, then we’ve got your back!
VR stands for virtual reality. It’s the use of computer technology to create simulated environments!
People can utilise VR technology to experience activities that would normally come with a lot of danger, including extreme rollercoasters, skydiving, deep sea diving and more!
There are also very realistic games that allow players to journey across different worlds!
VR Adelaide in particular has a wonderful collection of games and various simulations. Some of their games are Beat Saber, Arizona Sunshine, and Space Pirate Trainer.
Some people think that video games are bad for children, but some actually have a lot of benefits. Some games can stimulate and soothe the mind in ways that routine exercise cannot! Below is a list of just some unexpected benefits.
– Games improve your child’s cognitive abilities.
– Playing games improves your children’s reflexes and muscle memory
– Gaming can help control cravings
– Gaming helps people cope with stress better
If you’re still worried about your children playing too much video games, VR Adelaide also offers educational and VR tourism experiences.
What are you waiting for? Check them out now!
Click here to visit their website.