All of us want to have the perfect family. We want well balanced children who are curious and hungry to learn. We want relationships that nurture and a Read more [...]
Do you hear the wedding bells chiming in? The Royal wedding between Prince Harry and American actress Meghan Markle is only hours (!?) away!
Here are the important details you need to know about the wedding of the year:
- Prince Harry and Meghan will break the mold by being wed on a Saturday, May 19, 2018 in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge tied the knot on a Friday, and the Queen was wed on a Thursday.
- Proceedings will begin at 6:00 pm AEST (9:00 am in the UK), with the first guests arriving at the venue. The main guests will start flocking in at 6:30 pm. Meanwhile, Prince Harry and his Best Man Prince William will arrive at 8:45 pm. The Queen will make her entrance at 8:55 pm.
The wedding’s total guest count include 1,200 of the public (selected from an initial list of 2,640 for their “strong leadership” and service to their communities) who will be watching the wedding from outside the church. 600 guests have been invited to attend the actual wedding, which includes (but not limited to) the Queen and Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Prince William and Kate Middleton, Meghan’s parents, and many of her co-stars from the US hit series Suits.
- Of the 600 guests, only 200 of the couple’s dearest will get passes for the intimate, Tiki-themed after-party set at Frogmore House, sponsored by Prince Charles.
- Many family members surprisingly did not receive a ticket to either the wedding and/or the after-party, including Meghan’s father Thomas (recovering from heart surgery), many of Meghan’s family members such as his uncle and half-brother, and many extended members of the royal family. The ex-wife of Prince Andrew Sarah ‘Fergie’ Ferguson, who’s an uncle of Harry’s and younger brother of Queen Elizabeth, is another notable no-show for the party.
- Meghan will not have a maid of honor. Instead, her best friend and stylist Jessica Mulrony and a handful of her closest girl friends will be taking care of the arrangements for her special day.
- No definite news yet on one of the most crucial details of the entire event: the bride’s wedding gown. The flow of information has been really air tight, but if the reading of the ‘tea leaves’ is correct, we will see a classic British creation for the Duchess-to-be.
Planning your own viewing party of the Royal wedding with your closest friends and family? Check out our city guides to find the right venue near you.