WELCOME TO VR VOOM VR Voom brings the most advanced virtual reality (VR) gaming experiences to New Zealand, high-quality games and contents Read more [...]
What happens at the Children’s Science Play Room?
- Young Children’s Science Play Room
- Where imagination and creativity come to life.
- Where young children play with science, technology, engineering and maths activities.
- Opportunities where families or teachers with young children can play alongside each other, explore and learn new words to describe their experiences and increase their understanding of the world around us.
- Through hands on activities new information is learned that can be applied in other areas of play and interactive conversations with others.
- Opportunities for children who are gifted to extend their learning into a wide range of interests that we will endeavour to support with the help of their families.
- Many activities for children with learning difficulties to explore.
- Sensory activities designed to stimulate perceptual interaction and understanding.
- Learn Maori nouns of objects.
- There are two different areas: 0-5 years (My Garden) and 3- early primary years. Children will be able to go to both areas if there is place available or if they have booked to go.
My Garden Area
Babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers are welcome in this area where most of the information are centred around the natural world around our homes and gardens. It has a focus on sustainability and conservation. Free play and exploration is focused on encouraging children to be curious and peek through holes, pull and turn knobs, put on dress ups, ask questions and become involved in sustained interactive play with others.
Young child’s Science Play Room Area
In this area the focus is on various aspects of science, technology, engineering, art and maths (STEAM) including activities that enhance understanding of forces, motion, energy, air, magnetism, electricity and many more.
Teachers will be able to ask us to enhance their children’s (up to the age of 8 year’s) understanding on specific science learning outcomes that they are working on or are going to be working on.
Imagine and Create Areas:
Here children and adults will be able to apply what they have learned in various innovative and creative ways. For an example, we would like to encourage you to design your own Nudibranch or apply the Fibonacci Code in art and design after you had a play and look at it.
Bookings are preferred as we limit numbers attending to increase involvement and quality times with others and to prevent crowding.
On offer: Teachers and parents may request special interest development areas for children with an interesting hobby or STEAM activity interest.
Expectations from staff at Children’s Science Play Room:
- Supervision: Adults have to interact and supervise the children in their care. No drop off and leaving of any child (up to 14years of age) allowed.
- One adult with no more than four children ages 5plus.
- One adult with no more than three children for ages under 5.
- Shoes off in the “My Garden” area. Socks with grips please.
- NO BAGS and prams allowed inside the areas please.
- No dogs (except guide dogs) or other pets allowed please.
- Opening TimesOpening Times:
Sunday 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Tuesday 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Wednesday 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Thursday 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Friday 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturday Closed If there are interest for Group Bookings then we are open until 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays. During School holidays we open Monday to Friday at 9:30 and close at 4pm We are closed on public holidays
- Pricing and AdmissionsPricing and Admissions:
Under Two Free Two & Over $12 Supervising Adults $10 Please contact us for large groups.
- AddressAddress: 406 Great North Rd, Henderson